Uniforms and Gear
- We normally wear white Karate dō-gi (uniform) and utilize protective equipment (hand pads, shin guards, mouthguard, and head protection) for sparring and bag training. We offer these for purchase through the dojo as a service to our students, but also welcome students to purchase them from other sources as well.
- The most popular brands for uniforms and equipment that we recommend are Century, Wadoku, Shureido, and Tokaido. Commonly, most karate dō-gi range in price from $40 to well over $200 for high quality heavyweight uniform. New uniforms usually come with a white belt. As students progress, other colored rank belts will be provided by the dojo (included in the cost of testing).
- Students with previous training are invited to wear their current uniform as long as it is appropriate to vigorous karate training.
- FMAA patches are available at the dojo for $25, subject to availability.
- We occasionally have FMAA logo gear (i.e.- T-shirts, fleece sweatshirts) available to purchase. Please check back for updates or let the dojo know if you are interested in ordering these items.